The genesis of the KV
Kendriya Vidyalaya JNU was established in 1972 as a base for tertiary education. This Vidyalaya is a Vidyalaya with Primary Branches in IIT, NCERT & JNU Campus. The children join the main school in class VI. This Vidyalaya in the only Vidyalaya with eight sections in each class, from I to XII. This gives new challenges to meet the defined missions of KVS. It has the exclusive advantage to get the guidance from the director, N.C.E.R.T., Director Indian Institute of Technology and Vice Chancellor, J.N.U. This KV has set with the following objectives for itself:
- Focus on learning instead of teaching to ensure all round development of the child.
- Creating an environment for development of life skills in the child, to be successful in career and life.
- Integrating information and Communicative Technology in the teaching learning process.
- Organisation of Games & Sports and Co-curricular activities along with academic activities for the promotion of new talent.
- Enabling the child to become a productive and contributing member of the society.